1. To use the Shopping Cart, click the icon or click Inventory, click Orders, click Shopping Cart.
There are four ways to fill the Shopping Cart. You can use one, or all four methods as needed. If you start with one method, you can add items with other methods as needed. The four methods are: Fill Icon (suggested order), Fill from Requisition (based on recipe requirements), Fill from Handheld (orders entered on your hand held), and Add from the button (manually generated order).
2. To add items using the Fill Icon, click the fill button.
The following popup menu will appear. Click the button in front of your choice: “All Items” or “Suggested Order”. Click Ok.
3. To add Items from a Requisition, close the Shopping Cart. Go to Requisitions and create the list. When finished, click the while in the Requisitions Screen.
For more information on Requisitions, including how to create one, click here.
4. To add Items from a Handheld, enter the order using the Handheld. When finished, connect the device to the computer with CostGuard.
Click the button. CostGuard will import the data from the Unit A separate part of the business with its own sales and costs. to the Shopping Cart. For more information on Handhelds, click here.
5. The last method to add Items is to click the button at the bottom of the Screen.
The Inventory Item popup will appear. Use your mouse or the scroll bar to find the Inventory Item you wish to order. Make sure that the is to the left of the item. Click Select. Tab over the Quantity column and type in the amount needed. If you need to add several Inventory Items, unclick the Close Dialog After Selecting box and select all of the items needed. When you close the popup box, then go back and enter the quantities.
6. To enter or change a quantity, use your mouse to move to the Quantity column.
The Inventory Items are listed by item name or group. Notice that both the Purch\Pack Units are listed. Back when you created each Inventory item, on the Unit Tab, you chose either the Purch Unit or Pack Unit as the default Physical Count Unit. The Default unit will be in all CAPS, while the other unit will be in lower case. Type in the Default Unit first followed by a slash and then the other unit. Looking at the example above, for Caesar dressing the Default Unit is CASE while the second unit is gal. If you want to order 2 cases and 2 gallons of dressing, you would enter 2/2 for the quantity. If you want 3 gallons of Caesar dressing, you would enter 0/3. If you want 3 cases of Caesar dressing, then enter 3 or 3/0 as you prefer. For more information on the Unit Tab, click here.
7. When you are finished adding Inventory Items to the Shopping Cart, you can review the list and make changes.
You can change the Quantities ordered. Use your mouse to move the cursor to the Quantity Column. Change any quantity by typing in a new amount. If you wish, you can sort by Groups to make reviewing the shopping cart easier. For more information on how to sort by groups, click here.
8. To delete an Inventory Item from the Shopping Cart, click the button. A confirmation popup will appear. Click yes, and CostGuard will remove the Inventory item from the cart.
To clear all Inventory Items in the cart, click the button. Everything will be taken out of the Shopping Cart.
9. As you look at the list, you may see the same Inventory Items listed twice, with different quantities. This occurs because the Shopping Cart gets information from both the Par Levels and Requisitions number of different sources.
Because you can send Requisitions to the Shopping Cart, and also have CostGuard suggest an order quantity, each can include the same item. When you are finished with the Shopping Cart, CostGuard will combine the Inventory Items in the Order Screen.
10. You can sort the list by Groups. For more information on how to do that, click here.
11. Double check that all Inventory Items have a Vendor Assigned. If Inventory Items are missing Vendors, click the button.
CostGuard will assign the Vendors based on the button you picked when you created the item. Open your Inventory Items, and go to the Ordering Tab. Click a button in front of “By Price” or “By Primary Vendor”. The default is By Price. If you have Inventory Items that you want to purchase from a specific Vendor, make sure you click the “By Primary Vendor” button, and that Vendor is first in the Vendor Window. For more information on this tab, click here.
After CostGuard assigns the Vendors, a confirmation popup will appear. Click OK. For more information on adding additional Vendors to an Inventory Item, click here.
12. You can Preview the Order(s). Click the button at the bottom of the screen. A list will drop from the bottom. Click Preview.
The orders will appear in the bottom window. If you need to make the Window bigger, move your cursor over the line. When your cursor turns to two parallel lines, then you can right
click and drag to increase the window size. You can use the scroll bar to move up and down. If you want to Print the Order, click the button in the bottom right hand corner. For more information on those buttons, click here.
13. If after Previewing the Orders, you need to change Vendors or Quantities, simply move your cursor to the item.
To change the Quantity, use your cursor to move to the Quantity field. Type in the new number and hit return. To change the Vendor, highlight the field and click the button. CostGuard will list the other Vendors that you created for this Inventory Item. Use your mouse to highlight the new Vendor. Click Select. If you did not enter any other Vendors, this field will be blank. To add more Vendors to an Inventory Item, click here. You must enter the Vendors from the Order tab, and then return here to finish the Order.
14. When you are satisfied that the Order is ready, click the button at the bottom of the screen. A list will drop from the bottom. Click Create. This will create actual purchase orders from the Shopping Cart assignments.
If you need to Edit an Order, click View/Edit. This will re-open the Order and you can make changes. If you have VendorTransport, and you want to submit this order electronically, then click View/Edit to access Vendor Transport. If you close the Shopping Cart without clicking the Create Order button, then the order will reappear on the screen the next time you open the Shopping Cart.
For an explanation of other commands and features available from the Shopping Cart Screen, click here. This section will include information on Printing, and the other keys at the bottom of the screen.
To return to the main Order Screen and choose another Ordering method, click here.
To go to Vendor Transport and learn how you send your Order electronically, click here.
To continue with the tutorial and go to Edit-Delete Order, click here.