If you need instructions for Exporting Labels click here
There are two ways to enter ingredients into a Label List-
(A Label List contains the ingredients for purchased items, such as dressings, sauces, condiments, prepackaged goods, etc. These items need to appear on your labels!)
1. Entering ingredients manually
2. Importing using an Excel Spreadsheet
Manually Entering Ingredients
The first way is by manually entering your ingredients into the “Label List” box for an item.
- In Inventory Manager, open the item you would like to add ingredients for.
- Enter each ingredient, separated by a comma, into the box.
Importing using an Excel Spreadsheet
The second way is to import an Excel spreadsheet with your items and ingredients.
- In Excel, the first column must be titled “Name” and the second column must be “Ingredients”.
- Under “Name”, enter the item exactly as it is named in CostGuard then enter the ingredients in the corresponding row under “Ingredients”.
To import the Excel file click Inventory/Label Interface/Label List Import
Testing the Label Before Printing
If you would like to confirm that all your ingredients have nutritional values associated with them then set your labels to print in Test Mode.
After setting test mode then continue to Exporting Labels to be Printed. Your labels will display with nutrient information as in this example:
Once you are satisfied you can uncheck the Test Mode box and print labels for use.
Printing label lists
To view, save, and print your list of items with ingredients, click
Inventory/Label Interface/Label List Report
Exporting Labels to be Printed
To export recipes with ingredient lists, open Recipe Manager.
And choose your export format:
Your export will look like this: