If your Vendor supports it, you can electronically import your Receipts or Invoices directly. Importing Receipts avoids typing errors in quantity, item, and price.
Begin by downloading the invoices to your computer. Follow your Vendor’s directions to do this. Make sure that you save the invoices in a file before importing to CostGuard. Keep the hard or paper copy of the invoice in case there is a discrepancy between the actual delivery invoice and the electronic version.
To Import Receipts
1. Click Inventory, Click Receipts. When the Vendor Popup appears, use your mouse to select the Vendor.
Make sure that the button is to the left of the Vendor. Click Select. The Receipt Screen will appear. If you want more information on this screen, or to learn how you can type an invoice in, click here.
2. Click the button. The Receipt Import popup will appear. Click the Select button to find the invoice file.
When you find the file, highlight it, and click OK. The screen will return to this menu. Click the button before the import format and click OK.
3. CostGuard will now import the Invoices. The screen may freeze for a second as the information is downloaded into the program
4. Occasionally, there is a problem with the import. If there was a problem, then an error popup will appear.
CostGuard will not allow you to import the same invoice, with the same invoice number and date, twice. If you try to import it a second time, a popup will appear telling you that the invoice is in the system. CostGuard also blocks duplication if you typed an invoice in, and then tried to import it.
5. If the following popup appears, check that you selected the correct Vendor at the beginning of the process.
Or, it may indicate that the item numbers are not in CostGuard. If that is the case, and you can import an Order Guide, click here. Import the Order Guide, then come back and try to import the receipt again. Or you can edit each Inventory item and add the Vendor item code number. If you want to do that, click here.
6. When you have fixed the errors, click button to save the invoice.
Remember once you save an invoice, you cannot open it or edit it. Suspend the invoice by clicking the icon, and you can come back to fix it later. If you need to fix an invoice once you have saved it, click here.
7. If you have the Accounting Interface, you can now send the invoice information to your accounting program such as QuickBooks or Peachtree.
If you would like more information on the Accounting Interface, click here.
For more information on common Receipt issues, click here.
To go to the next section in Vendor Transport, click here.
To skip to the next section of the Inventory Tutorial, click here.