1. Before you can start, you need to create a menu with all of your dishes included in CostGuard. For more information on how to do this, click here.
2. You also need to create a PLU for each dish that matches the PLU in your POS system. When you import the data from your POS system CostGuard will match the items by PLU number.
You can enter the PLU when you enter your recipe or you can do it from the CostGuard PLU screen. For more information on how to create PLUs, click here.
PLUs can be alphanumeric. See this link for examples.
3. You need to tell CostGuard about your POS system and the location of its files. For more information on Sales Setup, click here.
4. You will need the output from your POS system in csv or text format. This output has either 2 or 3 columns of data, the data will be:
and possibly a third column containing the sales dollars for that item.
5. Once you have done all the above please follow these directions to import your POS data into CostGuard.