This is a major upgrade from version 2.x with many, many new features. We've included links for some of these enhancements so you can learn more.
If you are using an earlier version of CostGuard then you'll receive a significant upgrade discount. Please email us if you haven't received your upgrade notice and pricing. Click here if you want to see the survey responses that led to the changes.
Here are the Version 3 upgrades and changes in each module:
- Edit and delete counts.
- Shopping cart: a list of items for purchase that CostGuard will automatically assign based on your criteria, and will create PO's automatically. Shopping cart items can be imported from requisitions and orders entered in HandGuard.
- A prep station field for inventory items, so requisitions can sort by station. This is helpful for production kitchens, catering, large prep, etc.
- In-line calculator on all transactions.
- Numerous additional list reports.
Hand-held inventory on a Palm OS device. Select the location, and the items appear on your Palm device sorted by sub-location. Enter counts AND order quantities. Counts and orders import into CostGuard using Palm hotsync. More...
- Enhanced word processing (RTF) for the recipe method, including increased graphic support, graphics and the nutrition label in the method for viewing and printing, importing sound and video, etc.
- Automated 'overhead' calculation in recipe that automatically adds a preset percentage to your recipe cost. This percentage can be global and by recipe category. More...
Streamlined, with additional capabilities that speeds and enhances data syncing with your suppliers.
- Options for adding a new vendor to a current item.
match is detected by either item name OR vendor code.
- Price update option from the same import screen.
- Option to update product code if the item name is the same.
New vendors include Renzi Brothers, Retalix (IDS) and others.
An optional import 'wizard' from your Excel spreadsheets directly into CostGuard! More...
Added trans-fats to the analysis. More...
- Auto update (support must be active)
- Completely re-written help
- SQL Database (includes conversion for current users)
- Server based unlocks for workstations, so you can unlock your own workstations without additional activation codes
- Column resizing and placement memory between sessions
- Backup and restore
- PDF report previewing
Here are some survey reponses and the results we produced:
"I need to edit counts that I've already entered."
In version 3.0, you can edit and even delete counts you've already entered.
"I'd save a lot of time if I could import my Excel spreadsheets into CostGuard."
CG•XL™ does that! This optional module imports data directly from Excel into CostGuard.
"I want to use a Palm device to speed my counts."
The optional HandGuardTM module works with Palm OS handhelds for quick inventory taking and ordering at the same time.
"We have new people who need to learn CostGuard quickly. A tutorial would really help!"
There's an on-line tutorial, written by a restaurant trainer, teacher, and author. There are many 'real life' examples that will help new and current users get the most out of CostGuard. Click here to view the tutorial.
"I want to create an order sheet, and have CostGuard automatically assign vendors and create the orders."
The Shopping Cart accomplishes just that. You can create a list if items for order, have CostGuard suggest the order, import order quantities from the Palm, and even generate a requisition (manually or from a menu) and export the items to the Shopping Cart. All these can be combined into one order sheet.
"I'm using VendorTransport to interface with my suppliers.
Is there a way to update prices quickly and update item codes when
my supplier changes them."
VendorTransport now has options to update prices and update item codes during the import. We've also eliminated the 'Vendor Items' step to make the process even quicker.
"I need to calculate overhead as part of my food costs."
The Recipe module now has an optional markup percentage that can be set globally and by recipe category. This percentage is added onto the recipe cost automatically, and appears on all reports and printouts.
"We want to include pictures with our printed recipes."
The recipe method is now controlled by a fully featured word processor. Capabilities include bulleting, graphics, font management, even attachment of multi-media files (video, voice, etc.). Pictures print with the recipe.
"We have a production kitchen, and want to sort our requisitions by prep station. This would speed production tremendously."
A 'prep station' field has been created for each inventory item. You can now sort requisitions by prep station.
"I don't see any inventory reports that simply list information like locations, vendors, requisition names, etc."
We've added these reports to Inventory.
"We are on a big network, and it's very time consuming to activate each workstation."
We now use a server-based unlock, so all you need to do is activate your server. Then you can activate/de-activate your own workstations without needing those codes from us.
"I occasionally get an 'index out of date' and similar messages that require rebuilding; can that be eliminated?"
Version 3.0 has been upgraded to an SQL database, which will improve data reliability and integrity.
more questions? E-mail us!
us at: 914-337-9030 or
us at: At-Your-Service Software, Inc.
450 Bronxville Rd. Bronxville, NY 10708