This screen is almost identical to the Main Tab of Entering Inventory Items. For details on the information from that screen, click here.
This tab is for Prep Recipes only. If the recipe you are entering is one of the other types, you can skip this section and move to the Method Tab.
Since Prep Recipes are made in batches, at any given time, some prepared items are in your establishment. For example, if you make a pot of marinara sauce, some of it may be in the walk-in refrigerator for use later in the week. If you go to take a physical count of the walk-in cooler you will see the sauce on the shelf and may need to “count” it for inventory purposes. The Prep Tab will assign locations and count units as if this was an Inventory Item.
Some establishments may need more detail for Prep Recipes and Inventory Items. If you need CostGuard to recognize that canned tomato products were transformed into marinara sauce for perpetual inventory purposes, complete the Prep Tab, and then click here for an explanation of Prep Build.
1. Use the mouse or arrow key to move to the Location Field. Click the button to show the Location pop-up menu. Use the Search field or the scroll bar to find the location that this prep recipe will be stored. Make sure that the is to the left of the location. Click Select.
For more information on locations, and how to create them, click here.
2. Use the mouse or arrow key to move to the Sub-Location field. Type in the sub-location for this item.
For more information on sub-locations, click here.
3. The On-hand and Counted Fields are blank for now. When you enter in Inventory Counts, these fields will be updated.
For more information on entering in physical inventory counts, click here.
4. Save the location by clicking the button. Click the button to add another location.
Keep clicking those two buttons to add additional units. Use the keys to reorder the locations, if desired.
5. To delete a location, highlight it and click the button.
6. Use the mouse or arrow key to move to the Default Count Unit. Click the button. The Yield and Portion that you entered on the Main Tab are listed. Highlight the Unit you would most likely count.
If you store items in food safe cambro containers, then edit the yield on the main tab to pans for easy counting.
7. Use the mouse or arrows to move to the Group Field. Click the button for the list of Inventory Groups. Use the search function or the scroll bar to find the Group that this Prep Recipe would be associated with. Make sure that the arrow is to the left of the desired group. Click Select.
Groups are how Inventory Items are categorized. If the Recipe cannot be assigned to a group, then you can leave this field blank. When you assign the Prep Recipe to a group, it will appear Inventory Reports for that group. If you want to run Inventory reports without the Prep Recipes, you will have the option to remove them. For more information on Inventory Reports, click here.
8. Use the mouse or arrows to move to the Prep Station Field. Click the button for the list of Prep Stations. Use the search function or the scroll bar to find the Prep Station that makes this Prep Recipe. Make sure that the arrow is to the left of the desired prep station. Click Select.
If you would like more information on Prep Stations, click here.
Continue regular path